Sunday, March 15, 2020

#13: Duel in Tombstone by Louis Masterson

Morgan Kane is a deadly lawman sent to clean up Tombstone after the Earps leave post-OK Corral, and find there is still plenty to do, in Louis Masterson's Duel in Tombstone.

Masterson was really Kjell Hallbing, a very prolific Norwegian author of American westerns in his native tongue, with his work translated into English and I believe other languages. 

I recently learned of him and found this one on eBay, and to my knowledge have never seen one in the wild, despite him having written nearly 100 volumes.

This is almost more of an alternate history than a western, as Kane shoots it out with plenty of real-life outlaws who had different real-life fates, like Buckskin Frank Leslie, Pony Deal, Johnny Ringo, and more.  Real people like Johnny Behan and Ike Clanton have central roles.

Plenty of action in this quick read; I hope I can find some more Masterson somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment